Maadaney Yehiam produces and exports to Europe and USA high quality Ready To Eat processed poultry products. Our turkey and chicken deli and retail shelf products are Kosher, Glatt Kosher or Halal.
Yehiam`s private label export products, are produced exclusively in Israel under international quality standards and full religious supervision.
Kibbutz Yehiam is an agricultural collective, established in the Western Galilee of Israel in 1946.
Maadaney Yehiam was founded in 1969 as the manufacturing branch of the kibbutz.
Nearly forty years later, the company employs 130 people and produces over 4000 tons annually, of high quality Ready To Eat delicatessen meats and saussages in a state-of-the-art facility.
Over 1000 tons are RTE poultry products for export to the US, Europe, Canada and beyond.
The poultry meat for Yehiam’s export products is produced exclusively in Israel under international quality standards and full religious supervision.
Yehiam produces Kosher, Glatt Kosher and Halal products under private label for the export market.
Standards ( certificates)
Maadaney Yehiam has successfully faced the challenges of international trade and security issues. Our current annual export of quality poultry products continues to grow, while complying with the most stringent food safety standards.
Yehiam's production facility is certified for ISO (International Standards Organization) 9001:2000, GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) and HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points).
THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA : Yehiam's poultry products imported to the US are inspected and regulated by the Food Safety and Inspection Services (FSIS) of the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA).
THE EUROPEAN UNION : Yehiam poultry delicatessen and sausage products comply with the European Union export/import requirements.
CANADA: Yehiam has been certified for export to Canada, which like the EU and the US, has its own set of food safety rules and regulations for poultry and meat products.
Yehiam has developed over the years a high level of technology, which became our specialty in the Modified Atmosphere Packaging, and enables us to provide chilled sliced products and keep them fresh for a long period of time.
Yehiam specializes in the re-sealable and re-closeable packaging technology, which enables us to provide our customers with the most convenient packaging available.
We can pack in bags and trays in a Modified Atmosphere Packaging, in various sizes and shapes, according to customers' requests.
Yehiam has reached a very high level of technology in regards to the whole muscle sliced products.
By using this unique technology, our sliced products have the texture and taste of the best deli products.
Our Cooked In a Bag products come in a most esthetic shape and numerous coatings and flavours.
Yehiam state of the art facility is fully computerized; all the production process is monitored and controlled under the highest standards available.
Mr. Erez Etkin, M.Sc., Chief Technologist, graduate of the Israel’s Technion in Food Technology with fifteen year’s experience in the meat industry.
The department focuses on new product development, introduction of new technologies and creative use of novel raw materials.
Quality Assurance (Q.A.)
Yehiam operates at international standards of production and hygiene.
• HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points): essential for producing and exporting under current local and international regulations. This program is monitored and inspected by the Israeli Veterinary Services Inspection Department and by the USDA-FSIS (United States Department of Agriculture-Food Safety Inspection Service). Yehiam personnel take part in on-going and annual training programs in order to comply with and exceed international standards. HACCP is an integral part of the meat inspection programs in Israel and all of Yehiam’s export markets.
• ISO 9001-2000: International Organization for Standardization, is the world’s largest developer and publisher of international standards. The ‘Standards Institution of Israel’ certifies Yehiam’s compliance with the required quality systems and carries regular inspection and follow-up of the program. Participation in and compliance with ISO programs ensure that Maadaney Yehiam is an approved manufacturer and supplier in the world market.
* GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices): The Israeli Ministry of Health has certified Yehiam.
Ms. Iris Tsuri-Schuster, Quality Assurance Manager, graduate of Israel’s Technion in Food Technology. She is responsible of the quality of the entire manufacturing process and assures compliance with Israeli and International standards.
An in-house microbiological and chemical laboratory analyzes products, raw materials and production lines, according to International standards.
The laboratory operates under the monitoring and constant supervision of the Q.A. department.
In addition, according to regulation requirements, finished products are sent to outside/government laboratories.
The inspection branch of the ‘Israel Ministry of Agriculture Veterinary Services’ is responsible for interpreting and enforcing food safety standards in the production of meat and poultry products.
Their mandate includes both domestic and international regulations.
A full time, on site, Ministry of Agriculture veterinarian, assisted by a full time inspector for the evening shift, is responsible for inspecting and monitoring the factory and premises to assure an optimal level of hygiene and compliance with all laws and regulations.
All shipments leaving the factory are inspected, certified and signed off by the veterinarian to insure product integrity, temperature control, truth in labeling and packaging and the condition of transport vehicles.
Export shipments receive strict attention to assure adherence to export and import regulations, in regard to:
* Raw materials
* Temperature controls in cooking, cooling & storage
* Packaging materials
* Microbiological/chemical testing
* Labeling of products, cartons and pallets
* Export record keeping and shipping/veterinarian documentation
* Inspection at port in Israel